For emergencies and immediate attention service calls, contact us via phone at
Information Every Homeowner Should Know
This pandemic has created many problems for people we find ourselves staying in our homes a lot more. Your inside air can be more hazardous than outside air. Young and Bowman can help solve this problem we have now taken on both Air Scrubber whole house air purifiers for your air conditioning and heating system and for people with no ductwork system we have now taken on the Vollara line of table top air purifiers. Both of these units claim to kill 99.9 % of all viruses including the Covid 19 virus. Please call our office for more information. In addition to these new products we also supply and install the Bryant Perfect Air Purifier on your heating and air conditioning system.
Most homeowners don’t realize the largest investment in their home is in the Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. Most people take this for granted until something goes wrong. Know where to shut off your water in an emergency situation. In a lot of cases if you have a well that supplies you water or if you are on public water the water may need to be treated. Hard or acidic water can cause a great deal of damage to the piping system in your home. The symptoms for hard water are seeing a white film on your shower walls and green staining in your sinks and toilets you will know your water is acidic if you see a blue staining in your bathroom sinks. By letting these symptoms go you will not only do damage to your plumbing system you will shorten the life of your washing machine and your dishwasher, If you own a well you should have your water tested periodically for bacteria. Most of these problems can be solved with a softener, neutralizer and Ultra violet light system. Bring in a sample of water and we will test the hardness and acidity of your water free of charge. If you suspect your water may be contaminated there is a nominal charge to have Young and Bowman come and take a sample of water and have your water sent away and be tested by a lab.
The Heating and Air Conditioning is basically the heart of your home, like your body it has to have a checkup every year to make sure it is working properly. You wouldn’t go to a heart surgeon and tell him to install what ever is cheapest so why do that for your home. A high efficiency high quality Bryant heating and air conditioning system installed by Young and Bowman can add a great deal of value to your home and give you piece of mind knowing that your going to be warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Just give us a call for a free estimate 215-348-5097.
Are you tired of that window A/C but can’t afford Central Air
There are solutions to this problem, they are called Ductless systems or mini splits. You may have seen them in your favorite restaurant on the wall. They have been around a long time but the biggest problem is most people thought they were ugly. The new systems from Bryant are astatically pleasing and you can have one outdoor unit do as many as three rooms. These units are heat pumps they will also give you another source of heat. Do you have a sun room that you just can’t stand to be in when it gets to hot or to cold these are a perfect solution. The price is also much less that what a ducted system would cost and they are extremely efficient. Contact Young and Bowman and see if this may be a great solution for you.
Summer is here. Are you ready for the hot weather? Having your air conditioning or heat pump checked and serviced by Young and Bowman before the hot weather hits is a highly economic sound idea. Knowing your system is working at its top performance saves you money on your electric oil or gas bill and will give you piece of mind knowing your system will work the first time you turn it on. Contact Young and Bowman soon to set up an appointment.
Important Information If You Have A Water Heater
To our valued customers the changes are now in effect in the water heater industry that anyone who has a hot water heater will effect. These changes are from the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act. They have not reintroduced the 80 gallon water heater. This will not be the only change all water heaters they have been mandated to increase the insulation value for the tanks, this will mean a water heater may be as much as 2″ wider and taller. This will effect all water heaters electric , gas and oil. If you have any questions please give me a call and I will try to answer anything I can. Please be aware that these changes are in no way brought about by Bradford White or any water heater manufacturer, these are federal mandates brought out by the government. Warranties have become a little more complicated in the past you were given a new water heater and the warranty only extended to the remainder of what was left on the original warranty. Now you will be given a credit toward the cost of the old water heater you will need to pay the difference of the price increase of the old to the new but you will receive a new 6 year warranty on the new water heater.
Come to our office to see a working version of the most advanced, highest-efficiency Heating & Cooling systems.
Important Information on Your Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
This is something everyone who has an air conditioning system or heat pump over 8 years old should be aware of, the price of the refrigerant that is most likely in your system R-22 has skyrocketed in the past several years and is only getting worse. This refrigerant will soon be phased out, the price companies s are charging range between $75.00 to over $100.00 a pound some systems hold as much as 15 to 17 pounds. The time is now to update your inefficient equipment to a new high efficiency R410 A ozone friendly system. Don’t wait till it’s hot to find your in trouble call now and we will let you know what is best for you.How can a plumbing and heating service call get you more cash at tax time? Find out on our specials page.
Voted Best of Bucks Mont. Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning 2013
• Air Filters: Installation of Bryant Perfect Air Purifiers High efficiency Honeywell Media air Filters as well as multiple sizes of 30 day filters. We are also supplying and installing the Air Scrubber whole house air purifier and Vollara table top air purifier.
• Central Air-Conditioning and Heat Pumps: Service for all brands. We are also dealers for Carrier, Bryant Division air conditioners and heat pumps, gas and oil furnaces. We can do all Pre-Season Cleaning and Service
• Drain Cleaning Service: Manual and electric drain cleaning.
• Faucets: Moen, Delta, Central Brass, Gerber, Kohler, American Standard. Service all brands.
• Fixtures: Toto toilets, Kohler, American Standard, Mansfield, Briggs, Elkay, Gerber.
• Honeywell Generators; We install and service high quality Generac and Honeywell generators from 8 to 22 kw air cooled units.
.Garbage Disposals: Insinkerator disposals
• Humidifiers: Aprilaire. and Honeywell we Service all brands.
• Oil & Gas Heating: Installation and Service ~ High efficiency Burnham oil and gas boilers, New Yorker Boiler, Bryant gas and oil Furnaces, Riello and Beckett Oil Burners, Buderus oil boilers, Weil McLain Boilers, Honeywell Controls, White Rodgers Controls, Taco Zone Valves, Coil Cleaning. Service all brands.
• Plumbing Contractor: Installations per specification on new construction or remodeling
• Residential and Commercial Plumbing Service: Registered Mechanics will correct all major and minor plumbing service problems.
• Stall Shower and Tub Enclosures: Kohler, American Standard, Swan, Fiat, Sterling, Aqua Glass.
• Sump and Sewage Pumps: Service of all brands. Zoeller sump pumps, Dealer of Gould, Little Giant and Sta-Rite.
• Water Filters: Aqua-Pure, Cuno
• Water Heaters: Service of all brands. Dealer of High quality Bradford White (Gas & Electric).
• Water Treatment:Water Softeners, Acid Neutralizers, Ultraviolet Purifiers, Filters:Marlo, Chem-Tech, Auto Trol, Salt and Chemical Sales.
• Well Pumps: Install and Service of all brands. Sta Rite and Gould Sub Pumps. Jacuzzi Jet Pumps, Well-Rite and Well-Extrol Water Tanks, Pitless Adapters, Air Volume Controls, Square D Switches, Seats and Gaskets